Medicine Hat Panthers Track Club is dedicated to foster and encourage participation and development of excellence in Track and Field.
The club was started in 2004. One of the first members was Olympian Sage Watson. Track practices were held on the old shale track behind Crescent Heights High School and moved to Eagle Butte while the new track was being constructed. The club currently trains for the outdoor season at the Rotary Track which is an 8 lane track. Indoor season we train at the Family Leisure Center, 4 lane indoor facility.
We are a competitive club built with MULTI sport flexibility in mind. We offer 1, 2 or 3 day/week indoor training, and 1, 2 or 3 day a week outdoor training, offered in 2 -9 week indoor sessions and 1 -10 week outdoor session. We also offer a 10 week Cross Country season, new in 2018!
- To increase participation in the sport of Track and Field
- To encourage competition at an appropriate age level for all members of the club
- To develop programs to enhance public awareness of Track and Field
- To provide an organizational framework throughout Medicine Hat and area so that all interested individuals may achieve their potential in Track and Field
- To strive for continual improvements in the skills and knowledge of coaches, officials and administrators